Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WHAT HAPPEN TO MY HOME?

I was very happy at the thought of moving into my new condo. Finally a place I could call my own. The location seemed perfect and my dream of finally owning a place came true.

I currently rent a room in my friend’s flat. And she has since decided to up the rent next year. I am paying an interest of close to 700MYR a month, and top that with my rent of 450MYR a month, I am losing a massive amount of cash. And this cash can be used to facilitate my housing loan, had I been able to move in earlier. I have not been able to afford to purchase a car thanks to the fact that I have had to save money for moving in costs later and also having to facilitate a loan towards a white elephant.

I even bought furniture that is still in warehouse storage in the furniture shops. I do not know how long these furniture shops will hold my new furniture (which is not so new now thanks to the delay) and I think that these shops are planning on charging me space rental for these furniture.

I was calling the developer every month to find out the moving dates. They kept promising me that I will be able to move in latest by April, and then latest by June and suddenly, the moving dates are not confirmed.

The reality of the situation hit me when I realized that the MBPJ councils were not interested in seeing both sides of the story. They are only interested in helping the residents in the surrounding area of the condo. It took the residents 2 years to finally open their mouths and protest. It never occurred to them to open their mouths when the condo was being built. Everything was silent until it was time for the purchasers of the condo to move in. Very sneaky indeed.

To date, I have lost a total of almost 10K in just interest payments alone. I do not know how much more cash I can lose out on this so called investment. It is becoming too costly. It is not like I am being paid a bucket load of cash every month.

I wanted my parents to be able to come to my condo at any time, to be able to see how well I have done for myself. I know it may all seem so trivial to some people, and maybe my story is not half as sad as some of the other buyers. But here is the bottom-line, money is money and pain is pain. I am sick and tired of losing my money. It does not come for free. I have to work hard for my cash, the same as everyone else.

Now the condo stands there as a white elephant. Malaysia can now proudly proclaim that it has added another white elephant to its list of endless abandoned buildings.

The councils can rest assured that the 233 buyers of the PV condos are not going to be silent until we get a fair deal. They are going to get constantly harassed by us until they resolve the matter as soon as possible. It will only add towards their sanity if they actually move this matter along and resolve it quickly.

Frustrated Tax Payer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are We?

My photo
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
This is an official news portal for all the activities pertaining to Paramount View Condominium. This portal is maintain by the purchaser pro-tem committee. Website inquiry, email to paramountviewcondo@gmail.com