Monday, November 2, 2009

WHY AM I VICTIMIZED?

Early 2008, I moved in to a corner lot in section 11 Kota Damansara. We were very happy as the house was spacious, near a primary school and easy access to shops, IKEA, TESCO etc. I told my husband, no more moving…we have found an ideal home. This didn’t last very long as within 3 weeks of moving in, we were robbed. A group of 4 Indonesians came in through the sliding. They took all my jewelry, handphones and laptops.

Imagine, I woke up and saw a strange face breathing near my neck. I screamed and that woke my husband. We struggled with them and till today, I have the scars. From then on, life was not the same anymore. My husband gets up in the middle of the night at the slightest noise. We install alarm, put extra padlocks etc.

My husband then decided that it would perhaps be much better if we purchase a condo. We scout around for several weeks, looking at advertisements etc. One day, on the way to mum’s house we saw the signboard “Paramount View Condominium’. My husband immediately went to the sales office….

There the saga begins. There were only a few lots left. I wanted a unit with at least 3 rooms and later was informed there’s a unit with 4 bedrooms. We agreed to purchase it. The next task was to look for financing….We managed to secure one and put in alsoRM50,000 of our hard earned money . We have been paying ‘interest’ on the loan ever since.

Since we were assured that we will be able to move in by July 2009, we put up our house for sale. After several months on the market, someone finally made an offer that we could not refuse. Come January 2010, we have to hand over the house to the buyer.

I just cannot imagine what I will do then….I will be going for my Hajj in two weeks time and will be back on the 27 December…and have a few days left to pack my things and look for alternative accommodation. I am going around looking for a place to rent but again I face a dilemma. How long do I rent?

On top of that I have to go for my attachment in London. How can I do that if the condo is still hanging around my neck. Hence, we decided that my husband and children to go there first. I will be separated from my family as we have made plans for my tenant over there to move out.

I will also have to incur extra cost to come back from time to time to check on the status of the condo and the banks.

I keep asking myself, how did I get into this mess? Was I wrong in purchasing the unit? I believe, no, as the developer seems to be reliable and reputable as I checked them out before purchasing the unit. So what went wrong? I studied Civil Engineering during my certificate level and worked as a building technician before. I begin to wonder what are the criteria for a developer to obtain CF. Isn’t it about the building itself?

I want to go for Hajj in peace and to concentrate only on the ibadah…however I don’t think I would be able with all things still unsettled.

Unit 15-19

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are We?

My photo
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
This is an official news portal for all the activities pertaining to Paramount View Condominium. This portal is maintain by the purchaser pro-tem committee. Website inquiry, email to paramountviewcondo@gmail.com